To become an usher at SRT
- Submit the online usher application.
- Attend an usher orientation.
- Complete a trial ushering assignment.
SRT will then notify you of your acceptance.
- Arrive 1 hour and 30 minutes before curtain, check in with the House Manager.
- You’ll receive a quick usher briefing and then you’ll be assigned to one of a number of stations.
- After assisting at your assigned position for approximately one hour, you’ll be directed to find an available seat in the theatre. Seating is at the discretion of house management. Enjoy the show!
- If there is an intermission – we will ask you to return to your assigned posts to answer questions, etc.
Expectations of Ushers
- Represent Sierra Repertory Theatre in a positive manner
- Make a commitment to fulfill your duties as assigned
- Be punctual
- Provide at least 24-hour notice if you need to cancel your ushering assignment
- Adhere to the instructions of the House Managers at all times
- Adhere to the Usher Dress Code including appropriate footwear
- Be able to stand for up to 1 hour